Saturday, August 7, 2010

Flat Macarons again

Foodies - I'm at a loss. I tried to make the macarons again for the 2nd time. I got a new little egg beater thing to make sure I beat the eggs to peaks. And again everything seemed to be going well - in fact the little macarons were definitely rising in the oven! I have a picture to prove it!!


See? Rising macarons!!



But low and behold - when I took them out of the oven - collapse! They went back to being flat as coins (again I have a picture to prove it!)

See - FLAT macarons. :(


Any help? Advice? Suggestions? Has this happened to you? If you know anything about meringue and how it's supposed to crust over and not collapse - help would really be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. apparently if u mix the mixture too much and there is too much air in it, you dont have enough support.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! That's really true I realised - you really have to be able to get the mix just right - and not mix too much or too little! Ay carumba!

    ReplyDelete